Friday, May 20, 2011

Deal of the Day

I do like a little splurge now and then, and when I can get a good deal on one - it's even more fun! A while ago we were given a Keurig single cup coffee maker. The cups can be a bit pricey for it - but with some watching you can find some good deals. At some online locations, I can usually find them for less than $. 50/each shipped. (when ordered in larger quantities) But, my better deals so far have been buying locally using store coupons. Bed, Bath and Beyond has a great selection of the cups, and sends coupons out in the mail regularly for either $5 off a purchase, or 20% off. This gets the cost per cup down to about $ .40 if you purchase one box with the coupon.

Last week, I got a $10 Kohl's cash card in the mail. I hardly ever shop there, but it could be used on anything over $10 including sale or clearance merchandise. I went online this morning to check out what Kcups they carried - and found out they were on sale this week! While their sale price of $11.99/18 is still over my $.50/cup mental limit - combined with the cash card, I paid $1.99/18. $.11/cup is within my budget!

So, the moral of the story? Watch your "junk mail" for good coupon deals for department stores. As I went through the store I saw some other options for clearance or sale merchandise that would have been a great deal with the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment