Monday, October 4, 2010

Mish Mash Monday

I've talked about geocaching before, and it is one of our favorite family activities - and I think fall is generally our favorite time to get out and find a few caches. If you are interested in giving it a try, but don't necessarily want to invest a lot of time or money until you know you are hooked, try an introductory event. If you are in the Des Moines area - there is a great intro event happening at Community!Youth Concepts on Saturday, October 23rd. Flier and registration can be found here. If you are interested in an overview of geocaching check out my post here.

I'm a babywearer. The chewy tot loves his ring sling, and from the beginning it has been a back and sanity saver! I love having my arms a bit more available, and that out and about, we both feel more comfortable being cozy. Especially since we use a ring sling - a lot of people have asked concerned about the bad press slings have received in the past year. The models in question are NOT like the simple ring sling we use (a Maya Wrap). Kim at the Dirty Diaper Laundry blog has shared some great information about promoting baby wearing safety - check out the blog post and information on the Baby Carrier Industry Alliance.


Ok, true confession time -- I was a bit of a Bert Fan - and I even had the "Doing the Pidgeon" Album. I never knew that he was "uncool" sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment