Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mish Mash Monday

It's another New York Times Op-Ed piece that I heartily agree with. I have no problem with food stamp programs for those that need it - but it makes me cringe to see people spend their allotment on junk and processed food. This is only a small step - yet one in the right direction.

Check out the "online community" map at xkcd - pretty interesting - too large to try to paste here - I'm particularly fond of the "northern wasteland of unread posts" on the massive country of "Facebook"

Looking for some crock pot inspiration? While I'm not ready to commit to using it every day for a year - I do need to use mine more. Here is a blog with a LOT of crock pot recipes! A Year of Slow Cooking. The writers resolution was for 2008 - but the blog is still updated regularly with new recipes! I need to dig a bit deeper at this site.

and for the Mish Mash Monday video -- this one has been out and about this week - but it is good -- and who can resist lovable, furry, old Grover?

No comments:

Post a Comment