Monday, January 10, 2011

Mish Mash Monday

It's been a busy couple of weeks at the Chewy House - so I need to catch up a bit.

Mr. Chewy has been busy roasting his own coffee in the garage. As an official taste tester - I can say it's pretty good! If you want to know how he did it you can read about it at his blog "Stuff I Like". He's got a pretty good photo log of the process. By roasting it himself, some really nice beans are suddenly in our price range, and it's fresher. Sounds like a win/win to me!

I've been back on the "diet" for a week now - and it's going well - Well, at least the holiday weight is gone, now we've got to tackle the vacation weight, and the baby weight. I'm keeping track of my food and progress on CalorieCount.com again. It's been updated again since I reviewed it last summer here, and is even easier to use. If you are looking for a free tracker that helps you not just track calories, but fat, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and more it's a great place to start.

The Chewy Kid loves to read - and is supposed to track reading minutes for school. For YEARS we have struggled with this and keeping track. While sometimes maybe he "stretched" the amount of time he read, for the most part I think it was grossly underestimated. Thanks to my friend Amy, I became aware of the Mark-My-Time Digital Bookmark. It has both stopwatch and timer features, and can pause as well. I think using the bookmark has allowed us to take the focus off of watching the clock, and back onto the book.

Looking for a fun Saturday afternoon date idea? Mr. Chewy and I are planning to hit Farms Uncorked at Living History Farms on January 22nd. A couple of years ago we went to Beer and Bread with some friends and had a great time. (Even though I was pregnant at the time and all of my beer was of the "sasparilla" variety.) I great, casual event and a chance to try some great local food and wine! If you want to wait for Beer and Bread, it's the first Saturday in March, and you can find more info at the Living History Farms website.

No comments:

Post a Comment