Friday, August 6, 2010

Fab 5 Friday

Taking a tip from Mr. Chewy's blog, I decided it was time for a top 5, so , without further ado, the top 5 things I love about being a (mostly) SAHM! Ok, I'm not positive they are a "Top 5" but they are definitely 5 things I really enjoy (and you will not see sleeping in or watching soaps on the list!) about being able to stay home (aside from the obvious spending more time with the boys!)

5. Comfy Clothes - yeah, this one is pretty selfish, but I love being able to wear old comfortable clothes and not worry about "work wear". I'll also admit to an occasional "pajama morning".

4. Shopping during the day - even taking the Chewy tot along, it's not nearly as crazy shopping and running errands during the middle of the week. Everyone (both other customers and staff) are generally less frazzled and more pleasant.

3. Lunch - again, on the selfish side, but it's a lot easier to create something on the fly than plan for what is going to sound tasty 5 hours in advance. With the Chewy Kid home for the summer and the Chewy Tot starting to eat more solids this is handy as well.

2. Field Trips - while we haven't been out as much as I'd like, I'm really getting to see and experience things in our area. On a school day off last spring we went to the State Capitol Complex, visited the State Historical Society and The Chewy Kid took some great photos on the grounds that he's entering in the State Fair. We've also been to the Zoo and Living History Farms.

1. The ability to "go with the flow" - occasionally I do need to head out early for one reason or another and it always leaves me with the question "How do people do this with kids every day?" If the Chewy Tot is crabby and needs a nap - we stay home. If he's sleeping, we very rarely have to wake him up to go somewhere. He can eat on demand. The Chewy Kid can get homework done right after school without distractions so he has more time to hang out and do family activities after Mr. Chewy gets home. We can do impromptu visits with family and friends.

Most of the time - I love being at home with the boys and the rewards can't be matched - but that may be another post!

1 comment:

  1. I would agree with you! When I stayed home I also got to babysit for my nephews!

    ReplyDelete