Monday, August 30, 2010

Mish Mash Monday

A few things I've discovered, or re-discovered this week:

Microwave Potato Chips Uncle Bill's Microwave Potato Chips to be specific. no "As seen on TV" supplies needed at all! It takes microwave safe casserole dish (I used a glass 13 x 9 pan) a spray of non-stick spray and potatoes - real sliced potatoes. We seasoned with seasoned salt to add a bit more flavor. I was very skeptical when I saw the recipe at first but the boys have declared it a hit.

Need an easy, tasty, stovetop macaroni and cheese? Unlike the blue box and it's clones, I know all the ingredients in this one! We use Alton Brown's recipe as seen on "Good Eats". Make it Cheeseburger Macaroni by adding a 1/2 pound browned ground beef or turkey (mine usually includes some onion and pepper as well. I usually just use 8 ounces of cheese and use whatever types of cheese we have on hand - cheddar, co-jack, whatever.



Time for a science lesson about the life cycle of a frog... a fun puppet video to go along with the Barenaked Ladies children's song "Polliwog in a Bog"

3 comments:

  1. I am going to have to try those chips.

    That song is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Alton Brown's recipes, and seeing your endorsement for the mac/cheese gives me even more reason to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are really good ladies - Kelley, the chips are easy - but time intensive. It's like baking cookies - you have to keep babysitting the "oven" but they are better than any oven chips I've tried to make before.
    Kathy - his baked mac and cheese is good too!

    ReplyDelete