Saturday, November 6, 2010

Scripture Saturday

Going to change it up a bit today - but earlier this week I was reading in Romans -- Chapter 12 to be exact. I was really hit by verses 9-21 - in the ESV headed as "Marks of the True Christian". Phrases like "Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality." (v.13) and "Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be conceited." (v. 16)
These verses hit me pretty hard, along with reminders to not repay evil with evil and live peaceable with all. I think I can (and have) followed these, when I want to... but I'm pretty sure that the intention is NOT a "when it's convenient" sort of thing.

Most of these verses have now been printed up and are posted around our home as reminders of how we can show Christ's love both at home and in the world. I'm not going to agree with everyone out there. These verses remind me that even those that blatantly go against God's laws, I should show them goodness, without an attitude.

Now that is a challenge, but one I must take.

No comments:

Post a Comment