Friday, June 18, 2010

Simple Saturday and Sunday - Simple Sauce

This week got away from me and one night I didn't have a plan for dinner. Gnocchi with Italian Sausage sounded good to "Mr. Chewy" so out came some gnocchi I'd made and frozen a couple of weeks ago along with a small package of Italian Sausage purchased on sale. We are both working on losing the baby weight, so I decided to skip the butter and cheese we often use to dress up the potato dumplings.
I came up with the following:

1 large can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
1 T chopped garlic
2 t. italian seasoning

Heat through and toss with pasta or gnocchi. In this case - I browned the sausage and then mixed in the sauce ingredients.

Posting this was actually Joey's idea. He asked me what it was called - and I said "I don't know, it's just my simple sauce" Joey responded:
"Don't you have simple Saturday on your blog? You should post this"

Hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment